For further information or to book the site, please contact:
5629 Norland Drive, Kamloops
The campsite was named Selhowtkan, the First Nation’s name of “Chief” Adam. He was also referred to as Adam of Adams Lake. In the early 1970’s the Girl Guides of Canada - Walhachin Area (now Thompson Nicola Area) began to look for a waterfront campsite within reasonable driving distance of Kamloops. The location of the present campsite looked ideal having both a creek for water and a good beach. It was part of a Timber Berth belonging to Holding Timber Company of Adams Lake. Many local organizations contributed to the building of the campsite: Moose Lodge #1552 constructed the Brownie Hut. The Sorrento Lions Club built the Picnic Shelter at the beach. Volunteers built the Lifeguard cabin, outhouses & the QM building. A “Buy A Brick” campaign was held to raise money for the QM and names of donors were painted on the building. The welding class of the University College of the Cariboo (now Thompson Rivers University) built the fireplace grills complete with Trefoil motif! The first camps were held in the summer of 1974. Since the beginning in 1970, countless volunteers have spent endless hours maintaining the camp.